NIBCO Ball Valves
Given their pivotal role in system operations, navigating the myriad of available NIBCO ball valves can be daunting. Different applications call for different types of valves, each with unique characteristics and functionalities. NIBCO, a renowned valve manufacturer, offers a plethora of high-quality valves designed to meet various needs. Choosing the suitable valve for your application is critical to ensure optimal performance and longevity. Below are the top features of the NIBCO Full Port Lined Ball Valve:
- DIRECT MOUNTING FOR ACTUATOR: The ISO 5211 mounting flange facilitates direct attachment of actuators, removing the need for expensive automation equipment.
- INDEPENDENT BALL AND STEM DESIGN: The separate lining of the ball and stem in the valve allows the ball to move freely, preventing stem leaks caused by side loading. Certain manufacturers opt for a combined ball and stem that could fail under high pressure. However, the Series 100 valve is specifically designed to prevent such failures.
- CONFORMITY WITH ANSI B16.10 FACE-TO-FACE: The standardized dimensions of the Series 100 valve allow it to seamlessly replace any standard ball, plug, or gate valve.
- METAL-ON-METAL BODY CONNECTION: While the primary seal is a soft joint between the body halves, an additional metal-to-metal joint ensures no leakage due to temperature fluctuations or line stresses. This seal cannot be damaged by over-tightening.
- ADAPTABLE TO VARYING SERVICE CONDITIONS: The versatile Series 100 valve is designed for various service conditions, from full vacuum to a pressure of up to 250 psi.
- SECURELY FIXED LINER: The Sure Seal PFA liner is firmly held in place by machined dovetails and slots in the body halves and cast holes in the ball, preventing liner breakdown or blowout under high pressure, vacuum, or extreme temperature conditions.
- PRESSURE-BALANCED SEATS: The true floating ball design can struggle to create a good seal under low pressure. This is addressed in the Series 100 valve by creating interference between the ball and the seats, ensuring a tight shut-off under low-pressure conditions.
- ADJUSTABLE GLAND FLANGE WITH LIVE LOADING: The packing gland flange, supported by Belleville spring washers, is live-loaded and externally adjustable. This makes it possible to tighten the packing even when an actuator is attached.
- LOCKABLE HANDLE: A standard feature of the Series 100 valve is a lockable hand lever. This allows users to lock the valve in an open or closed state. The Sure Seal LBV Series valves can also be equipped with an optional hand lever if needed.