Bettis, a leading name in valve automation, offers an extensive range of electric actuators to cater to various applications across diverse industries. Two main types of Bettis electric actuators are Bettis Spring Return Electric Actuators and Bettis Non-Spring Return Electric Actuators. We are one of the top NJ Bettis distributors in the field. Reach out for any questions.
Bettis Spring Return Electric Actuators
Bettis Spring Return Electric Actuators, also known as fail-safe actuators, are designed to provide a reliable solution in scenarios where the actuator must return to a safe position in case of power failure. These actuators use a mechanical spring system that is wound when the motor is energized. In a power outage or system failure, the spring unwinds and drives the actuator back to its safe position.
Key features of Bettis Spring Return Electric Actuators include:
- Fail-safe operation: Ensures the actuator returns to a safe position during power loss or system failure, enhancing overall safety and reliability.
- Compact design: Optimizes space usage and reduces weight, making it suitable for various applications.
- Wide torque range: Offers a broad range of torque capacities to accommodate different valve sizes and operating requirements.
For example, Bettis Spring Return Electric Actuators can be used in emergency shutdown (ESD) valves in the oil and gas industry. In a power failure or hazardous situation, these actuators ensure the valve returns to a closed position, preventing potential leaks or accidents.
Bettis Non-Spring Return Electric Actuators
Bettis Non-Spring Return Electric Actuators, also known as standard electric actuators, are designed for a wide range of applications that do not require a fail-safe function. These actuators use an electric motor to control valve position, providing precise and efficient operation.
Key features of Bettis Non-Spring Return Electric Actuators include:
- High precision: Offers accurate and repeatable positioning, ensuring optimal process control and consistency.
- Energy-efficient operation: Consumes less power than pneumatic or hydraulic actuators, reducing operational costs and environmental impact.
- Modular design: Facilitates easy upgrades and customization, meeting the unique requirements of different applications and industries.
An example of their application can be found in the water treatment industry, where Bettis Non-Spring Return Electric Actuators are used to control flow rates in various processes, such as chemical dosing and filtration. These actuators provide precise flow control, contributing to efficient and effective water treatment.